CARLOS N. GOMEZ
- RIDING INSTRUCTOR
- SHOWJUMPING (1,50 m) AND DRESSAGE (Prix Saint George)
- EXPERIENCE RECRUITING, SUPERVISING AND TRAINING STAFF
- RIDING ARENA MAINTENANCE, INCLUDING POLO FIELDS
- SHOW JUMPING COURSE DESIGNER
- STABLE MANAGER
- BHS TEACHING AND SAFETY STANDARDS
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE
BHS approved equestrian centre.
Responsibility over 165 stabled horses.
Responsibility over staff of 84 people, including 9 riding instructors and RDA activities.
Maintenance of 8 outdoor riding arenas, 2 indoor riding arenas and polo field.
Increased annual profits by reducing operating costs and creating new sources of income.
Organizing international riding competitions, such as 2nd SEA (South East Asia) Games Qualifier, 3rd SEA Games Qualifier, 5th SEA Games Qualifier, 2nd Round Dressage SEA Games Qualifier, Last Round Dressage SEA Games Qualifier, etc.
ASSISTANT EQUESTRIAN MANAGER,
Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2008-2014
- Responsibility supervising staff of 61 people, including grooms, farrier and 4 riding instructors at a riding centre with 150 stabled horses, 8 outdoor arenas, 1 indoor arena.
- Teaching riding lessons for riders of all levels and ages.
- Maintenance of all riding arenas (4 outdoor and one indoor).
- Organizing dressage and show jumping competitions.
- Organization of vaulting lessons and RDA.
SENIOR RIDING INSTRUCTOR & STABLE SUPERVISOR,
Kuwait city, Kuwait, 2006-2008
- Riding centre with 100 horses in air-conditioned stables, 4 outdoor arenas, horse walker, 2 lunging rings, restaurant, etc. Show jumping competitions. Staff of 40 people.
- Teaching dressage and show jumping lessons.
- Organizing dressage and show jumping competitions, RDA and summer camps.
CHIEF RIDING INSTRUCTOR & STABLE MANAGER,
Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2000-2006
- Organizing a riding school with 40 horses.
- Supervising 3 riding instructors.
- Teaching dressage and show jumping.
- Organization of RDA, summer camps and vaulting lessons.
Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1998-1999
- Training horses at Itapua, a breeding centre with almost 500 horses, 2 outdoor arenas, 3 lunging rings, free jumping ring, private paths, outside paddocks. Some of its warmbloods, such as "Aspen" and "Quorum", have been trained in Belgium by Nelson Pessoa.
- Training horses for sale and competition.
- Teaching riding lessons.
BEST RIDER YOUNG HORSES
Brazilian Association of Anglo-Arabian Horse Breeders
Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2000
Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2000-2001
- Taking several dressage clinics with Dominique Flammant, a former rider of the Cadre Noir, France, and former pupil of the German dressage trainer Willi Schultheiss (Clube Hípico Santo Amaro, Sao Paulo).
TRAINING WITH A DRESSAGE TRAINER FROM THE SPANISH RIDING SCHOOL,
Amberes, Belgium, 1999-2000
Training during one year with Raymond Withages, a dressage professional rider and horse trainer certified at Warendorf (Germany). He was trained at the Spanish Riding School (Vienna, Austria) under direction of Col. Alois Podhajsky, and was as well a former pupil of German dressage trainer Georges Theodorescu.
Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1998
- Vaulting Trainer certification, training with Björn Ahsbahs, German Olympic vaulter – Individual Gold Medal (Club Hípico Argentino, Buenos Aires).
HIGH SCHOOL (BUSINESS SCIENCES),
Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1978-1984
o MAINTENANCE OF EQUESTRIAN SURFACES: POLO FIELDS, RACE TRACKS AND RIDING ARENAS,
Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2012
o GRIEVANCE HANDLING, DISCIPLINARY ACTION AND CESSATION OF SERVICE,
o MANAGING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE,
o FINANCIAL EVALUATION OF BUSINESS PROJECTS,
Banco Credicoop, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2004
o HANDLING DIFFICULT CLIENTS,
o HIGH SCHOOL (BUSINESS SCIENCES),
Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1978-1984
o NATURAL HORSEMANSHIP,
Paulo Cunha, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1998
o DRESSAGE JUDGE,
Janine Rohr, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1997
o SHOW JUMPING JUDGE,
Mayor Julio Orma Carrasco, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1997
o VAULTING TRAINER,
Björn Ahsbhas, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1997
o INTERNATIONAL FIRST AIDS
Saint John Ambulance Association, 2008 & 2012