CARLOS N. GOMEZ
I started riding in Argentina when I was 5 years old. I received training from riders of the Spanish Riding School, the Cadre Noir, at Kasselman's stables in Germany, etc. I achieved my teaching qualifications from the International Equestrian Federation (FEI).
After concluding studies on business management & finance, I successfully managed an equestrian centre which required business projections and financial statements, solving problems such as falling revenues and growing expenses.
Business management (finance, strategy and marketing) and operational areas (stables, riding grounds maintenance, hiring, supervising and training staff), represent my strongest expertise.
- FEI coach
- Business management of equestrian centres: financial projections & business reports.
- Complete operation of stables & riding grounds maintenance.
- Operation of riding school: experience recruiting, supervising & training staff.
- Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese
EQUESTRIAN MANAGER. BHS Approved Equestrian Centre, Malaysia, 2014-2015
Responsibility over 170 stabled horses and staff of 80 people, including 9 riding instructors, farrier, 43 grooms and RDA activities.
Organizing international riding competitions, such as CSI* jumping & dressage, 2nd SEA (South East Asia) Games Qualifier, 3rd SEA Games Qualifier, 5th SEA Games Qualifier, 2nd Round Dressage SEA Games Qualifier, Last Round Dressage SEA Games Qualifier, etc.
ASSISTANT EQUESTRIAN MANAGER. Brazil. 2008-2014
- Responsibility supervising staff of 61 people, including grooms, farrier and 4 riding instructors at a riding centre with 120 stabled horses.
- Teaching jumping and dressage, organizing dressage and show jumping competitions, vaulting lessons and RDA.
RIDING INSTRUCTOR & STABLE SUPERVISOR. Kuwait, 2006-2008
- Riding centre with 100 horses. Staff of 40 people.
- Teaching dressage and jumping lessons, organizing dressage, show jumping competitions, RDA and summer camps.
CHIEF RIDING INSTRUCTOR & STABLE MANAGER. Brazil, 2000-2006
- Organizing a riding school with 40 horses and 3 instructors.
- Teaching dressage and show jumping, organization of RDA, summer camps and vaulting lessons.
CHIEF RIDER. Brazil, 1998-1999
- Training horses at a breeding centre with 500 horses. Some of its warmbloods, such as "Aspen" and "Quorum", have been trained in Belgium by Nelson Pessoa.
AWARDS RECEIVED AS RIDER
BEST RIDER - YOUNG HORSES CATEGORY. Brazil, 2000
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- INTERNATIONAL EQUESTRIAN FEDERATION. Malaysia, 2015.
- Vaulting Trainer certification, training with Björn Ahsbahs, German Olympic vaulter – Individual Gold Medal. Argentina, 1998.
TRAINING WITH A FORMER RIDER OF THE SPANISH RIDING SCHOOL. Belgium, 1999-2000
Training during one year with Raymond Withages, dressage trainer certified at Warendorf (Germany), who was trained at the Spanish Riding School (Vienna, Austria) under direction of Col. Alois Podhajsky and was a rider of German dressage trainer Georges Theodorescu.
TRAINING WITH A FORMER RIDER OF THE CADRE NOIR. Brazil, 2000-2002
Training with Dominique Flammant, former rider of the Cadre Noir, France, and former pupil of the German dressage trainer Willi Schultheiss.
TRAINING AT KASSELMAN'S STABLES. Germany, 2000.
- Training on riding and stable management.